Appeared on TikTok, the butter board is the new trend for the aperitif. Forget the simple butter spread on a piece of bread, this creation goes much further. We will explain everything to you.
Across the Atlantic, one would almost believe that charcuterie and cheese boards now count as butter ... In the United States, there is a novelty that is taking up space in aperitifs: the 'butter board'. On Tik Tok, videos of recipes and explanations fuse. the hashtag 'Butter Board' ('butter board) has thus surpassed 243.3 million views . The principle is however not complicated, it is quite simply a question of tempered butter spread on a board in an aesthetic way. Then, everyone is free to add flowers, honey , spices, peanuts...
It all starts in the United States. Justine Doiron, New York food stylist and chef followed by 2 million people on TikTok, is a beurre fan By filming herself making and then eating a slice of bread, the culinary content creator can collect plus de 270 000 'likes'. In mid-September, she posts a video in which she spreads and decorates butter, explaining that she 'love this concept' when she has to receive guests at her home. His video has already been viewed more than 8.5 million times .
But originally, the 'butterboard' is appeared in 2017 in Joshua McFadden's book, Six Seasons: A New Way with Vegetables ('Six Seasons: A New Way to Eat Vegetables'). 'I used to make these for farm dinners where there was a bunch of different breads and spreads on the table [...] It was a chance to showcase the butter and add fun, seasonal ingredients ' , explains the cook to the American media deer Today.
The recipe is simple and quick but beware of purists who could quickly be scared off by using butter in this way.
Of course, it is necessary to butter . Salty, semi-salted or sweet, it all depends on your tastes and the final flavor you want to obtain. Then arm yourself with a large bread, country preferably. Finally, it's up to you toppings to add on your butter. Here are some ideas: second crushed after being put in the oven, bacon bits, spring onions, dill , blueberry or fig jam, chilli flakes, hot honey, fruit, vegetables or flower petals... Let your imagination run wild!
1. Equip a butter knife ou d'un simple round tip knife and D' a board .
2. To soften the butter, the American cook Justine Doiron gives a tip. She fill a bowl with hot water, empty it and places it directly on his plate containing the wafer. Moments later, removing the 'lid', the butter is softened without being melted .
3. Then bring out the artist in you: put the butter on the board as if you were painting textured, embossed.
4. The final step depends on each: drop in the ingredients you have selected .
5. Your guests will only have to take a piece of bread and spread a portion of the preparation above.
Good tasting but be careful not to overdo it!Source journaldesfemmes.fr